Thursday, April 18, 2013

The Coming Redemption Part One


By Michael Plemmons 

This past few days have brought to our world the realization we are living in frightening times.  It is not my intention to recite the events of the past few days once more. Hatred of others and a desire to kill and destroy are unfortunately a worldwide concern.  Yet Jesus told us these days would come and by the word, and revelation from on high, I have no doubt we are living in the last days.

Jesus did not merely give us an amazing account of events to come, but how to deal with them. He said when you see all of these things begin to happen to look up for your redemption draws near. It is my intention to begin a series today sharing what I believe our Lord was trying to reveal to us. 
  
First of all he was telling us that a generation would come that every where one would look the outlook would appear hopeless. I have no doubts we are that generation of which he spoke. To all believers in Christ and non-believers alike I would say that there is no where in our world where you can look for hope.

War, famine, terrorism, and economic collapse are all scourges facing all nations and all peoples around the globe. Jesus said that in our day men’s hearts would fail them for fear of what they saw coming on the earth.

Yet he did not leave it there he told us to look up for our redemption draws near. There is hope for all those willing to surrender to the truth. Our hope is in the Lord God almighty. The key I believe is in that simple phrase look above. There is no hope in the world as we know it. To all listening to my voice your accumulated wealth will not save you in the days ahead. Only those souls who repent and turn their hearts over to Jesus Christ, will find the only answer to be found.    


I know I have painted a grim picture but in coming writings in this series I shall begin to share with you there is hope for the future of our world. However it cannot be seen merely with the eyes or the mind but must be spiritually discerned. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home