Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Wisdom of an elder


                                                              By Michael Plemmons

             I have been privileged to have been allowed to walk in heavenly places for so long now. Stopping I began to look around and I can see I am at the edge of a great forest. Before me is a wondrous valley, more beautiful and glorious than any I have seen before. Yet as I gaze at the beauty in front of me I know that somehow this time things are different.
I grasped my staff that the master gave me so long ago and took my first tentative steps forward. I had gone not more than just a few feet before falling on my knees. Hot tears began to run down my cheeks and I was to overcome to even utter a single word in prayer. Hearing footsteps I looked up to see the approach of someone in the distance.
I could tell by the gait of his walk and general appearance just who was approaching. He is a man it has been my privilege to know and I have in past journeys here spent many wonderful hours with him. Yet as he drew near all my strength has left me and I cannot get up and so I raised my hands to the Lord and began to weep once more.
Stopping right in front of me he reached down and gently pulled me to my feet. As I stood trembling before him he looked deeply into my eyes. He then helped me over to a large rock and we both sat down and reaching into a bag he was carrying he gave me a wineskin and I took a drink. The living water revived me and as I handed his wineskin back to him I sat silently with a great sense of anticipation.
Enoch is unlike any servant of God I have ever known. He is not only one of the 24 elders, the other elders, have told me he is the leader of the elders. He reached over and put his hand on mine as a loving smile filled his face. His dark black hair was blowing in the breeze and the anointing emanating from him was so powerful that it took every ounce of strength that I could muster to keep from passing out.
“Michael my son once more you have found your way here and have overcome all the attempts of hell to discourage you. Satan and his evil host have determined that you shall not be allowed to accomplish the purpose that Father has for you. That is you and all others Father is calling to him in this hour.”
Enoch stopped and took a deep breath I could see the love and affection he and I share in his eyes and grasping my wrists he pulled me to my feet and we began to walk through the valley back in the direction from which he had just come. I could discern he was carrying a great weight on his heart. I felt a deep compassion for him as we walked along in silence.
"Michael many are called but few are chosen. Others like you are being assembled for the anointing that Father has reserved for this hour shall soon be released in the earth. The anointed chosen ones that I was privileged to see who would come in the last days are coming from every tongue and nation on earth to be consecrated by Father himself for the hour is at hand.
Many vessels of darkness are being prepared by the evil one to bring the final great deception into the world. These shall claim to speak for the son but they shall be proven to speak for their lord Satan. You shall know them by the fruit they bring. Greed, lust, and power are their true gods. They will be used to bring in that evil prince who our Lord Jesus Christ shall destroy by the brightness of his coming.”
Stopping a sad expression filled Enoch’s face. Tears welled up in his eyes. Instinctively I put my arms around him in an attempt to bring comfort to him. After some little time he turned and we began to walk once more. As I looked around a more picturesque place I could not imagine and I think being here with him is filling my heart with joy. Seeing a beautiful garden of flowers to our left Enoch and I walked over and I was overwhelmed once more by the fragrance of a heavenly garden of which there are no equals on earth.
In the center of this garden is an Arbor composed of vines which have grown together and are covered by purple and blue flowers. In the center there is an ornate bench and we sat down.
Turning his head Enoch placed his hand on my shoulder and with a voice choking with emotion he said, “ Michael the time of preparation is at an end and it is Father’s will that you follow the course and plan he has for you for the time is at hand. The price you will pay for doing so shall arouse the full hatred and opposition of Satan himself. The others he has sent to stop you have all failed and he knows his time is short.
Michael I to in my day had a choice to make and I chose to walk with Father I told you my testimony when we first met and at that time I also said I had more to share with you. You were not ready at that time to hear but now the time has come.”
A sense of joy filled my heart as I waited for him to share the rest of his story with me. I also could not help but wonder what relevance it would have to me in what I have been called here to experience.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home