Tuesday, April 21, 2015

A Prophets Pen

By Michael Plemmons

      I am continuing to place chapters from the book I have written on my blog today. My prayer is it will be a blessing.



Chapter One

 

The call of the hungry

 

             In April of 2007 I began an intense time of seeking the lord. I was not seeking wealth, fame, or spiritual power. My heart was consumed with a desire to know him. I had by that time known him for forty-seven years. Yet I knew in my heart of hearts there was more. I was not satisfied with where I was and longed for a revelation of the heart o

             Jesus is and has been my life, the reason for my existence for as long as I can remember. It was during a time of intense prayer on my face before him that I was caught up in the Spirit and was given this vision. A vision which answered my questions for the moment and gave me the revelation I needed to continue my search.

            A large crowd of servants gathered before the Lord seeking an audience with Jesus. They approached him with urgent petions for the Lord. They were there seeking to be used of him. The vast majority desired to be the vessel on which his anointing hand would rest. Their greatest desire being to see the hand of God move and that they would be the vessel he would use. The master looked at them with great sadness and bid that they move to one side that their request should be heard.

         When this huge crowd had left there were a meager handful left behind. Jesus asked them, “are you not also here to seek me for my power to rest on you?

         This small enclave of believers answered” no Lord.”

         Jesus looked at them lovingly and asked “what would you have of me.”

          One of the nameless stepped forward and said, “we have but one great desire and that is to know you. We long that you would reveal to us your heart.”

         At hearing this Jesus smiled and said, “from ages past to this present day there have been two types of ministries in the earth. The one that the vast majority hungers for is to be used in power to build a large ministry that they may be used and seen as the great power of God. Yet their motives are not pure, but tied into their own human ambition, and so many slide into corruption and compromise, for all must be sacrificed even their integrity for the sake of the dream.
  You however belong to the second group, whose ambition it is to know me. To you shall I show my Fathers kingdom. Those who have walked in, tasted, and seen with the eyes of their hearts his kingdom have by experiencing it forever purged from them any desire for a kingdom of their own.

           I shall show you the wonders of the ages to come. As you experience the wonders of the age to come your desire for this world and its seductive desires are forever lost and in knowing and following me the realm of Heaven shall become your reality and your hearts desire.

          To know my heart is to experience our glory. You must learn to lose yourselves in that holy union of Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. For to know my heart is to know our heart framed in perfect unity with each other and with you. For as you experience our glory and see us that way you will lose any desire to just be the vessel on which our power rests. This holy union allows us to show ourselves as we are, and those human spirits so privileged to experience us, will only be satisfied by Fathers hand reaching out to others through them. They will long to see others transformed by our presence.

          Finally my children do not despair though this process seems long and arduous. Paul spent 14 years seeking my face in the desert; David fled from Saul enduring the shame and ridicule of so many who mocked the man who would be King and the vagabonds with whom he lived. Yet he was a man after my own heart.

          Many shall one day stand before me and have their works tried by fire to see if their works shall stand. Others are tried by fire in this life to prepare them for the task I would have them do. For though it may seem others are advancing while you seem to be standing still it is not so. They have an anointing and by and large have launched themselves. You have learned to do nothing without my direction and wait on my will and guidance. Those whose desire is to know me are not so readily released, but when they are they change the world

         As the vision ended I found myself stretched out on the floor face down weeping before the Lord. I realized that my motivation to walk with him was the key to what I was seeking.

         I began to pray “Lord cleanse my heart and my hands Lord of any worldly ambition. It is not my desire holy one to be an anointed vessel of power, but rather my Lord that I might receive a revelation of your heart and ways.”
 The vision had given me a new sense of purpose and a hunger to press on in the pathway he was calling me to.  


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home