Friday, April 15, 2011

America In Crisis Part Seven


The United States and the world have entered a new decade. As we look to the possible scenarios that could possibly be hanging over the horizon, we can see much that should cause us one and all to pause and ponder. I believe that America has entered a new day and because of our open rebellion against the laws and precepts of the God of the bible, have found ourselves suffering the judgment of God. I do not take such a stand lightly. I have turned to the scriptures and prayer to seek the mind of God.

When does God bring judgment on a nation? I believe I have found an example in the nation of Egypt during the time of the Exodus, which shows us a clear understanding of how and when God brings judgment on a nation.
The Lord is slow to wrath and his nature is love, but when a people turn their backs on him, the bible gives us a clear understanding that judgment shall come.

The seventh plague that God brought on Egypt was a plague of hail.

Then the LORD said to Moses, “Get up early in the morning and stand before Pharaoh. Tell him, ‘This is what the LORD, the God of the Hebrews, says: Let my people go, so they can worship me. 14 If you don’t, I will send more plagues on you[b] and your officials and your people. Then you will know that there is no one like me in all the earth. 15 By now I could have lifted my hand and struck you and your people with a plague to wipe you off the face of the earth. 16 But I have spared you for a purpose—to show you my power[c] and to spread my fame throughout the earth. 17 But you still lord it over my people and refuse to let them go. 18 So tomorrow at this time I will send a hailstorm more devastating than any in all the history of Egypt. 19 Quick! Order your livestock and servants to come in from the fields to find shelter. Any person or animal left outside will die when the hail falls.’”
20 Some of Pharaoh’s officials were afraid because of what the LORD had said. They quickly brought their servants and livestock in from the fields. 21 But those who paid no attention to the word of the LORD left theirs out in the open.
It is with a broken heart that I say this. Father God has sent messenger after messenger to the people of America and we have by and large turned our backs on both him and the message. Like Egypt we have seen our land consumed with evil. Like Egypt God has already struck at the cornerstone of the American economy and our response has been much the same as Egypt’s was in Moses day. God through Moses gave a clear warning to the nation of Egypt that a hail storm was coming that would kill anyone man or beast, that were foolish enough to be outside when it struck.
The language of the Lord to Pharaoh and all his officials shows us that in their rebellion against his will they had reached a point of no return. The truth of the matter was no matter what,they no longer had any respect for God, nor did they fear his awesome power. Their hearts were corrupted to such an extent, that no matter what, they refused to change and repent of their wicked ways.
God in this passage reminded them he could have wiped them off the face of the earth with a single plague. Yet even then he showed mercy. He told them the plague of hail would come by this time tomorrow. Hw gave them ample warning about what was coming. Most of the Egyptians however, with few exceptions, in the hardness of their hearts, turned a deaf ear to the warning. I believe God is speaking in a clear voice to this nation today. I have no doubts if we do not turn from our wicked ways, as Egypt did in that day, America shall suffer the consequences.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home