Friday, June 10, 2011

Revelation In The Desert

                              
               The Lord has instilled in my heart so many things in the past year. This son’s journey has been a time of constant renewal and blessing. Today I find myself walking in a desert. It is hot and all around me is desolation. I am not alone for Enoch is with me. He is as always giving me godly instruction and the benefits of the wisdom he has garnered through all these centuries.


  “ Michael each person who would walk with Father in his high places must first face the wilderness in which we now walk. Few are they who find their way here, and fewer still are they who will follow the leading of Father and begin a journey across this barren land. Most look for the easy way even now multitudes of followers are flocking to this place and that looking for that all encompassing new spiritual anointing. They deceive themselves for what they perceive as spiritual is but another avenue of pleasing their flesh.”

  He then paused and put his arm on my shoulder and looking in my eyes with an expression of profound tenderness and compassion continued.

  “Son the truly righteous long to walk with Father and to know his heart. You must first of all learn the ways of true obedience and holiness. You have on the mountain of God seen your self after the flesh and felt its weight, pull, and influence over you. Here we shall together face the darkness of hell that would envelope you. Here you will learn to abandon yourself to the power of Father and not to trust in yourself.”

  He then turned and for a long moment shielded his eyes from the hot sun before once again starting out and I of course fell in step with him. We continued on for some time each silently lost in the privacy of our own thoughts. I know that for me for so long there have been weights of sin and distractions that have from time to time dogged my steps as they do all people. Here as we walked across this wasteland I am made more and more aware of my utter need to abandon myself to Father for his ways are certainly not mine and I as I am beginning to find out have much to learn about how to be led and follow him.

  My spirit is longing for deliverance from every vestige of carnality and sin. Enoch almost as if knowing my thoughts began teaching me again.

  “ Michael I in my day had to turn my back on the world and the things of the world. My world was also in many ways much like yours. Son there will always be those who look for the easy way out. They say they long to walk with God, but they have no desire to follow him. The root source of their spiritual desire is to have some new feeling or experience. They are blind to their true spiritual condition and are content to follow the crowd here and there.”

  We presently came to hill and as we climbed to its crest I could see an oasis lying in the valley on the other side. Seeing it had a profound effect on my spirit. We have been walking for quite some time and this is not a desert on earth but rather a place in the spirit that has an effect on your spirit as you travel. I am glad that I am not walking here alone but in the company of Enoch. We entered the oasis and I saw a small group of people were already present there. There were several tents set up and I knew at once that one was intended for me.

  Enoch took me aside and said, “ Rest and refresh yourself son for soon we must continue our journey into the next phase of your understanding. There you will see not only yourself but also face the evil darkness of this age and as have others before you take your stand. I shall be with you but the battle you will fight and I am confident you shall emerge victorious.”

  With this he turned and walked away leaving me alone in my tent.

  I looked around and saw as in other places there was a cot to rest on. The tent has a small hole in the top and a fire in its center is burning and the smoke is venting through the hole in its top. I lay down on the cot and as my spirit began to rest I could not help but wonder what evil I would soon be facing still not sure what it all means.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home