Tuesday, May 24, 2011

The Day of the Lord Part Two


              Millions of others and I stand transfixed and silent in the valley of eternity. Jesus stood to his feet and with an expression of love and joy scanned the crowd from right to left. I am standing close to the front and in the middle and as he looked over us felt he looked me right in the eye as his gaze passed over me. I instantly realized that not only was this true but was also true somehow for everyone in the valley.


  Although it has been my privilege to both see and be with Jesus on numerous occasions; I had never seen him look or appear more regal than at this moment. My heart went out to him and I realized that it had all been worth it, whatever the price I had paid to be able to be here at this time and share this with him and every one else.

  Jesus raised his arms and began to speak “Welcome beloved to this time of universal joy and fellowship. For the day of union and unity has come. Today you shall enter into that eternal rest reserved for the righteous sons and daughters of God for the day of Fathers blessing and kingdom is here. I bless you and stand before you as a vessel totally committed to Fathers wish and will.”

  He paused and with love and reverence so evident in his eyes looked at his Father and said “ My Father you gave me a kingdom and with it a command to build a family that your eternal purposes and will would be accomplished. The sons and daughters here assembled and I are witnesses of that divine covenant that you and I have shared. I have given them your word, and through that divine union that you and I have shared they also know you and love and adore you as I do.”

  With these words Father stepped up on the platform and put his arms around the son in an embrace of love and affection that affected us all. They stood there holding each other and both were weeping an expression of affection for what each had gone through to reach this moment.

  The effect this had on each of us here gathered was profound. My eyes filled with tears and I fell to my knees and began to worship them. I looked around and saw that all here were doing the same thing. It was a beautiful thing to be a witness of the divine heart of love being shared between Father and Son, and I felt an inner witness inside that gave a fresh realization as if I needed it of just how much I loved and adored them.

  After some little time Father said “Son this is also your hour to finish the task you started “and with this he left the platform.

  The twenty-four elders had also left the platform leaving Jesus alone and I must admit I was quite overwhelmed at that moment as I gazed at him. In my minds eye I thought back to Calvary and the judgment and pain he had endured. My fate would have been far different if it had not been for the solitary figure standing alone before us. All the millions of souls here assembled each had a different story, each had in his or her own way made their way here and we owed it all to Jesus.

  His royal regal and beautiful spirit was connected to all of us and we to him. He was our king; our Lord, our master and all our hearts were connected in a holy union of love and adulation for him. My mind raced through the events of my life and the times I had suffered. Yet so many of those here assembled had suffered far greater than I.

Yet with all that none of us had suffered as he had. He had been stripped not only of his divine glory when he came to earth but in his earth walk had endured the slights, jealousy and unbelief of those for whom he had come to save. He who had been willing by the great love he had for us endured it all and the end result was now here for all to see. All of us had a separate story but we were all connected by that divine thread of Calvary to the gentle Nazarene we were beholding at this moment.

 These were my inner thoughts as we stood before him. Thank God for the salvation he had purchased for us that day! Thank God that we all here assembled had been transformed by not just the wondrous power of God into sons and daughters of God; but the transformation itself had been accomplished and brought forth by the divine heart of love of our beloved master and Lord. We had been unlovable but as the blood of Jesus washed away our sins it also transformed us from creatures of darkness into the loving image of he who was standing before us.

  The blood of Jesus like a gentle summer rain had gently and lovingly washed away the guilt and sin that had been ours; yet he had done far more than this. He had healed those inner wounds and sorrows. He stilled the voices of sorrow and grief, the rage if you will that courses through the souls of all mankind. From the moment I met him an inner transformation had begun. He has always been there in the moments of my greatest sorrow, deepest remorse, and darkest inner conflict. It was his voice his hand that had stilled the storms that raged in my heart.

  I could not count the times when all seemed lost and I like the disciples found myself cast upon the roaring waves of my life’s greatest turmoil. In these times it was he who came walking to me on the waves of my inner consternation, and by his love and mere presence calmed the storms and set this oppressed heart free. My heart in a spasm of inner grief is reminded of all the times I failed him, all the times I had walked away in sin and yes sometimes in deliberate rebellion. Yet like the first time I had met him he never once was not there for me not once had ever failed me.

  He gave me love when I least deserved it, compassion when my heart needed it the most and deserved it the least. In the day-to-day living out of my life by his love, example and kind guiding hand he transformed me. So if I can now love, if the tears of compassion can run down my cheeks at the suffering of another, if my hand and heart can in any way be reached out to some poor lost soul, it is only because he has little by little done his work in me and by the light of his grace changed my heart.

  I found myself standing in this valley with millions of others each of us with a story all our own but each changed and linked to Jesus. We one and all here assembled were secure in the knowledge that he had not only forgiven us at Calvary, but loved us with an abiding love all of our natural lives. Here we stood about to enter Father’s kingdom and it was all the result of the love and compassion of one man, one God, one Lord our Lord.

  All these thoughts and emotions were racing through my mind in a moment’s time as my heart reached out to Jesus with an inward love for him that overwhelmed me. All at once I was made aware by that spiritual union we were all feeling for him at that moment that each individual soul in the millions and millions here assembled felt the same way I did.

  A roar of love, praise, and adoration swept through the valley as millions of souls began to shower down on our beloved swells of devotion. It was the greatest demonstration of affection for someone I had ever seen. We all were here because of him; we owed our very existence to him. Yet in this moment none of us were even thinking about the kingdom that was being established on this day. Lost from our minds was any thought of reward or eternal life.

  We were all united as one in our love and adulation for Jesus. All that mattered was we somehow had to let him know just how precious and beautiful he was to each heart here assembled.

  Jesus stood before us and tears were running down his cheeks. It was obvious that he was moved by our love and affection that we were reaching out to him in a verbal witness of praise and devotion cascading and echoing off the hillsides all around us as we could not begin to shower him with the love he deserved. All praise and glory to our Lord and King for he is worthy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home